Benefits and Blessings of 5 Times Prayers in Islam
Salah is obligatory on every Muslim five times a day. 5 times prayers in Islam are Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. There is great significance in offering salah daily because prayer creates a link between a man and the Creator of this universe.
For Muslims, praying is not a regulation instead it is a gift from Allah Almighty. In prayer, we can put all things in perspective and see what is really important in life. Prayer reminds us that all things come from Allah (SWT) and it is to Allah that all will return.
In Holy Quran, Allah Almighty says: “Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds and establish prayer and give Zakah will have their reward with their Lord, and there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.” (Quran, 2:277)
A Muslim has to offer five prayers every day on their prescribed times. The first prayer which starts with the day is Fajr Prayer the time for this prayer starts with the beginning of dawn and remains till the sun rises. After the first prayer, Muslims perform their second prayer which is Zuhr (Dhuhr) its time starts when the sun declines towards the west from the middle of the sky. After the Zuhr prayers, Muslims perform the third obligatory prayer Asr prayer its time starts in the afternoon. Then Muslims perform Maghrib prayer its time starts with the sunset. The last prayer of the day is Isha prayer. Its time starts when the time of Maghrib prayer ends and remains until midnight. Below we will discuss the blessings and benefits of each prayer.
Fajr prayer is the first prayer which starts with the day. The time for this prayer starts with the beginning of dawn and remains till the sun rises. It is a blessed time, and one need not worry about losing sleep, for, with proper spiritual practice, the human body and mind become energized with life-energy and force for the rest of the day. In Holy Quran Allah Almighty says about the importance of Fajr prayer in a way that: “So, establish the Prayer after the declining of the sun (from its zenith, for Dhuhr and then ASR) to the dusk of night (Maghrib and then ‘Isha) and the (Quranic) recitation of Fajr [prayer]. Indeed, the (Quranic) recitation of Fajr is witnessed.” (Quran, 17:78)
- If you start your day with prayers, then Allah Almighty protects you all day. In the hadith, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Whoever offers the Morning Prayer, he is under the protection of Allah, the Mighty and Sublime”(Ibn Majah).
- Fajr prayer ensures that we begin the day with light and with life. Early morning sets the tone and energy for the whole day, and by beginning the day in the best possible way.
- Our beloved Prophet (SAW) said: “Whoever prays the morning prayer in congregation then sits remembering Allah until the sun rises, then prays two units of prayer has the reward like that of Hajj and `Umrah.”(Tirmidhi)
- It is important to offer Fajr prayer as it saves from the hell.
- It is important to offer the Fajr prayer. Allah Almighty sent the angels who witness the Muslims who are offering the Fajr prayer, so try to offer prayers daily.
Zuhr (Dhuhr) Prayer
Zuhr (Dhuhr) prayer is the second prayer that Muslims has to offer in a day its time starts when the sun declines towards the west from the middle of the sky.
- Zuhr prayer is the time when the gates of Heaven are opened for the Muslims. During the Zuhr hour, the gates of heaven are opened. So, it is important to do good deeds at this time and offering Salah is the most important at that time.
- Allah Almighty showers His blessings on those who offer Zuhr prayers at the time.
- Allah Almighty will shield those from Hellfire on the Day of Judgment who offer Zuhr prayer.
After the Zuhr prayer, Muslims perform Asr prayer the third obligatory prayer. It’s time that starts in the afternoon. There is so much importance on offering Asr prayer in hadith Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “He who performs Salat (prayers) before the rising of the sun and before its setting, will not enter the Hell.” (Muslim)
- One of the greatest blessings for every Muslim is to enter into Paradise. Whoever offers the Fajr and Asr prayers enters the Jannah.
- Asr prayer saves from the Hell and opens the door of Jannah.
- Those who offer Asr prayer will give you success in life as well as in the Hereafter.
Maghrib prayer is the fourth obligatory prayer its time starts with the sunset. If one does not offer the Maghrib Salah purposely, is supposed to be punished by Allah Almighty.
- Allah Almighty showers all His blessings and rewards on those who offer Maghrib prayer.
- Allah (SWT) will fulfill all your wishes and Duas.
- Allah Almighty will give you success in wealth and family.
The last prayer of the day is Isha prayer its time starts when the time of Maghrib prayer ends and remains until midnight. Isha prayer is hard to execute so it also follows with vast rewards from the Almighty Allah. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “Whoever offers Isha salah in jama’ah it is as though he spent half the night in worship. And whoever offers fajr salah in jama’ah it is as though he spent the entire night in worship.” (Muslim)
- If you offer Isha prayer, Allah will reward you to worship Allah for half night. It is a great blessing for you. So, make sure to never miss the Isha prayer.
- Try to make more dua’s after the Isha prayer, Allah listen dua’s and will shower His blessings on you.
- If you offer the prayer before going to sleep, you have a more peaceful night. So, try to offer Isha prayer regularly.
In short, Muslim has to perform Salah five times a day. Each prayer is equally important. Offer prayers regularly then Allah will shower His blessings on you.
Source: Quran Reading