The picture bellow depicts Jannatul Mualla, the main historical cemetery in Mecca, which is located in the valley east of Masjid al-Haram. Many members of the family of the Prophet (saw) and several sahabahs (may Allah be pleased with them) are buried at Jannatul Mualla in Makkah.
The following persons are buried in this cemetery:
- Ummul Mumineen Khadija (may Allah be pleased with her), the Prophet’s first wife (saw)
- Qasim, the eldest son of the Prophet (saw) from his first wife Khadija (may Allah be pleased with her); he died in infancy.
- Abdullah, the second son of the Prophet (saw) from his first wife Khadija (may Allah be pleased with her); he was also known as Tahir and Tayyab.
- Abu Talib – Uncle of the Prophet (saw)
- Abdul Muttalib – Prophet’s Grandfather (saw)
READ MORE: Muslim cleric, Nurse arrested for alleged sale of baby’s placenta in Kwara