13 Virtues of Shaban in Islam – A Special Month
Shaban considered one of the best month in Islamic calendar since the Prophet (peace be upon him) spend most of the month in fasting. It’s said to be the best month to prepare and welcome the Holy month of Ramadhan. But surely Shaban is beyond that. There are many virtues of Shaban in Islam that are too bad to be missed. Here are some virtues of Shaban in Islam for Muslim, for those who spent the month in worshiping Allah SWT.
1. One of the Most Blessed Month
The first of the many virtues of Shaban in Islam is it’s one of the most blessed month beside Ramadhan. In this month, too, there are too much mercy from Allah we could receive, as well as His compassion and kindness. In the estimation of Allah, Shaban is the best of all months. The best days among all days; the best night among all night, the best hours among all hours. During the month, the time were given spirituality, which makes every days more meaningful and blessed. It’s the month before Ramadhan, so we could prepare to welcome the Holy month.
Also read: Virtues of Lending Money in Islam
2. The Month of the Prophet
Shaban is the best month to worship Allah SWT more than any other months since it’s hold its own special meaning. The Prophet (SAW) himself even called Shaban as “his month” for once. Because of that words, the significance and importance of Shaban touches the sky and we will be linked in any ways to the Prophet
“Shaban is my month.” – Prophet Muhammad (pace be upon him)
Also read: Virtues of Traveling in Islam
3. A Month to Celebrate
Other than Ramadhan, Shaban is the month to celebrate by worshiping Allah SWT. It’s a month by reciting the Quran, send many praise to Allah and supplicate as many as you want in this particular month. As the month prior to Ramadhan, Shaban has many things in common with the Holy Month. It’s a month to do many of the good deeds such as fasting, recite the Holy Quran and giving charity. When the Rajab and Shaban are about to come, the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to pray:
“O’ Allah! Bless us abundantly in Rajab and Sha’ban and deliver us safely unto Ramadan.”
Also read: Virtues of Olive Oil in Islam
4. A Good Month to Seek for Repentance
Seek repetance and forgiveness during the month
of Shaban. Remember all the sins you have committed, disobedience and other transgression. Make a resolution not to do any of them again for the rest of your life. Every night of Shaban, especially the Nisfu Shaban night, Allah accept all of your repentance.
Also read: Virtues of Good Manners in Islam
5. A Gift from Allah SWT
The month of Shaban is undeniably one of the best gift from Allah to human being. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“That’s a month the people neglect it between Rajab and Ramadan, and in that month- Shaban- the people deeds are raised to the Lord of mankind, so I love to be fasting, while my deeds are raised.”
Also read: Virtues of Ayatul Kursy in Islam
6. Time to Prepare for Ramadan
One of the best sunnah for every Muslim to follow is the Prophet’s habit to fast in Shaban. Shaban considered as the month to welcome Ramadhan, so it’s preferable that Muslim fast during the month in preparation, just like the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to do in the past.
Also read: Virtues of Getting Married in Islam
7. A Month Where All the Deeds Ascend
There is one particular reason that makes Shaban more special than any other month. It’s the month where all the deeds done for the year ascends to Allah. The Prophet (peace be upon him) always fast whenever his deeds were about to ascend. It should be a good motivation to all other Muslim who set the Prophet as example in life. By fasting we purifies our mind and soul, cleaning physical dross and make us spiritually sharper. But there are many more reasons to fast during the month of Shaban.
Also read: Virtues of Gaining Knowledge in Islam
Reasons to Fast During Shaban
The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to fast in many days during Shaban. It’s because the month holds special meaning, beside being a month prior to Ramadhan. Here are some reasons to fast during Shaban.
- All the deeds done throughout the year will be ascended during Nisfu Shaban, so that it’s a good time to make good deeds as many as possible.
- The Prophet wished when his deeds were about to ascend and closed for a year, he was in fasting condition so that his mind and soul are purified, as well as in a more spiritual state.
- As the Prophet (peace be upon him) has always been our role model in life, it means that we should follow all the good things he did, including fast during the month of Shaban and make many supplication to Allah SWT.
- Fasting during Shaban is easier to hide since it’s not common even among Muslims to fast during the month of Shaban so that people are least expect someone to fast in the month.
- Fasting during Shaban keeps us away from bad traits such as arrogance and show off, even more wishing others to praise us for the deeds we have done.
- It’s the best way to prepare our body to welcome the Holy month of Ramadhan.
So those are all the virtues of Shaban in Islam every Muslim should know. May we always blessed in every day of our lives.
Read Original Report Here By Azislam